At NorthPoint Aviation we offer a variety of excellent careers and workplace opportunities.
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
North Point Aviation is seeking an Aircraft Maintenance Technician at our maintenance facility in Brainerd, Minnesota. This is an excellent opportunity to build a career with a great company.
Reporting to the Director of Maintenance, your primary responsibility will be the troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of General and Corporate Aviation aircraft.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform maintenance /repairs on all aircraft systems in a safe and expeditious manner and within FAA, and or manufacturer’s specifications.
- Comply with Service Bulletins, Air Worthiness Directives and FAA regulations as required.
- Become familiar and proficient with all shop test and maintenance gear.
- Make critical decisions regarding aircraft safety in a timely manner.
- Must be able to perform all maintenance functions unsupervised, at any time.
- Maintain a clean and neat work area. Help with other housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Perform other activities and projects as approved by the Director of Maintenance, or the General Manager
- Must be familiar with and be able to read and understand maintenance manuals and have at minimum, basic knowledge, and experience with general computer applications. (i.e., Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Salary for this position is commensurate with experience. FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Mechanic Certification. I/A License preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able to pass a drug test and background check.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive and professional image.
- Reliable and self-motivated.
- Exercise good judgment in working with people in a team environment as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety.
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays and night shift if needed.
- Willing to work overtime if needed.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Stable employment history.
- United States citizen or have the authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required for this position.
NorthPoint Aviation is looking for a detail-oriented, technical person trained in avionics to fill our full-time avionics technician position at our Brainerd, MN location. NorthPoint Aviation is a growing, full-service fixed base operation, providing fuels sales, new and used aircraft sales, light & heavy aircraft maintenance, aircraft avionics & instrument repairs and installations, aircraft management and flight training. We are also an authorized Quest Kodiak service center and have factory trained maintenance technicians with over 45 years of combined experience.
NorthPoint Aviation is conveniently located at the Brainerd Lakes Airport in Brainerd, MN. The Brainerd Lakes area of Minnesota is a premier area known for world-class golfing, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, snowmobiling, Kayaking, and The region is an outdoor paradise, boasting more than 500 lakes and rivers as well as beautiful parks and forests.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- The avionics technician will perform maintenance on aircraft avionics components and electrical systems components, such as airborne navigation and communication systems, autopilot systems, weather radar, transponder, pitot-static systems, compass systems, instruments, and accessories.
- Testing and troubleshooting instruments, components, and assemblies, using circuit testers, oscilloscopes, and voltmeters.
- Installation of electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, and/or soldering irons.
- Adjusting, repairing, or replacing malfunctioning components or assemblies, using hand tools and/or soldering irons.
- Troubleshooting, repair, testing, installation, and inspection of aircraft electronic equipment and systems.
- Removal and reassembly of aircraft interior and instrument panels.
- Fabrication and testing of avionics systems wiring harness, Pitot-Static/RVSM systems testing and repair.
- Fabrication of parts and test aids as required and maintaining repair station records and documents as required.
- Assist co-workers and those in other departments to successfully perform job tasks and functions when necessary.
Qualifications: Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- College degree or equivalent in aviation electronics or related subjects is beneficial. (FCC License).
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, engineering drawings, and schematics and coordinate work with that of engineers, technicians, and other aircraft maintenance personnel.
- Ability to set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform simulated functional flight tests of electrical and electronic systems.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and above average computer skills and proficiency.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs and be able to perform moderately strenuous physical tasks which include bending, stooping, kneeling and working overhead for long periods of time.
- Previous experience with the following manufacturers preferred: Garmin, Honeywell (Ben Dix/King), L-3, Aspen, Avidyne, PS Engineering, JPI Instruments and/or Genesys Aerosys tems (S-Tec) is a plus.
- Ability to operate computer-aided drafting and design applications to design avionics system modifications is a plus.
- FAA A&P mechanic a Plus.
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug test, employment verifications, and I9/E-Verify